Last week I launched the series of ExchangeDefender Lunch & Learn webcasts. Basically I get together with a marketing person and we launch a live presentation covering 30 minutes on how to setup / configure / sell / support ExchangeDefender and then follow it with another 30 minutes of Q&A with up to 5 partner organizations.
My primary goal in doing this, aside from being nice to the people that fund my car collection, is to figure out how we can better support our partners and offer great training.
One of the initiatives that came from last weeks lunch & learn was a need for a partner university. Here are overall requests:
- Present information in an easy to understand, easy to follow, low attention span way (3 minutes at most) as a video.
- Allow company owners to assign these videos to their staff and be informed when the video is viewed.
- Offer a brief comprehension quiz at the end of the video to give business owner an idea if their staff actually learned something or if they were browsing eBay while they were being paid to learn.
- Give partners the ability to post these training videos on their own web site so that end users an learn how to use the product.
So I have two questions here.
- Is there anything else you’d like? We’re putting in some overtime tomorrow evening at 6 PM to design this and outline the videos we’d like to record.
- Does anyone know of a way to determine when a video has been played from beginning to the end? Maybe embedding something into the control at the end of the video so that it requires a click that is not obvious to the user (without viewing the source?).
Let me know. I’m email@example.com or 407-536-VLAD. If you can’t reach me you can also discuss this with Stephanie Hoffman, I believe at x737?